The Daily Journal recently named Lieff Cabraser attorney Elizabeth J. Cabraser to its list of the Top 25 Plaintiff Lawyers in California for 2015. In announcing the award, the Daily Journal editors stated, “We selected just 25 California plaintiff lawyers to honor. We could have honored more but, in our opinion, these are the ones who consistently force broad change in the law, industry and society.” Read more at www.dailyjournal.com (subscription required).
The publication highlighted Cabraser’s work on the BP Gulf Oil Spill “Deepwater Horizon” case, the largest marine oil spill in the nation’s history. Cabraser serves as one of the court-appointed class counsel and member of the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee in this class action litigation. “The swing in extent of liability was huge. Strategic decisions involving billions would be made,” stated Cabraser. “We didn’t know we’d have a settlement prior to trial and spent a year negotiating intensively.”
To date, under the class action settlements, BP has paid over $6.2 billion to compensate class members’ economic and medical losses.
Under Cabraser’s leadership, Lieff Cabraser has become one of the country’s largest law firms serving clients seeking redress for financial and consumer fraud, anti-competitive practices, harmful drugs and products, and illegal employment practices.
Other significant awards Cabraser has received this year include:
- Benchmark Litigation – California Litigation Star & Top 100 Trial Lawyers in America Best Lawyers
- Daily Journal – Top 100 California Women Litigators
- Lawdragon – Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America
- National Law Journal – 75 Outstanding Women Lawyers
- Super Lawyers – Top 10 Northern California Super Lawyer & Top 50 Female Northern California Super Lawyers