John D. Maher joined Lieff Cabraser as an associate in 2020. He represents plaintiffs in the data privacy and consumer fields at the trial and appellate levels.
Following law school, Mr. Maher clerked for Judge Lucy H. Koh of the Northern District of California, and Chief Judge Diane P. Wood of the Seventh Circuit. He graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, School of Law, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif and served as the Editor in Chief of Ecology Law Quarterly. Prior to law school, Mr. Maher taught 8th grade social studies in Dallas, Texas, as part of Teach for America.
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law – Berkeley, CA
J.D., May 2016, Order of the Coif
- Yale University – New Haven, CT
M.A., History, June 2013 (focus on Post-World War II American political history)
- Oxford University – Oxfordshire, UK
B.A., History & Politics, June 2009, First Class Honors (summa cum laude)
- California, 2017
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2021
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2019