Lieff Cabraser proudly supports the goals of civil rights, human rights, increased access to legal services, and initiatives by the legal community to improve civil justice.
Lieff Cabraser sponsors the Bay Area Minority Law Student Scholarship Program conducted by the Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF). We also support the National Association for Public Interest Law fellowship program. Fellowships made possible by Lieff Cabraser's sponsorship have included work at the East Bay Community Law Center in Oakland, California, the Employment Law Center in San Francisco, California, and the NOW Legal Defense in New York, New York.
Lieff Cabraser's Additional Community Sponsorships
For over 20 years, Lieff Cabraser sponsored the radio series "Perspectives," airing on the public broadcasting station KQED-FM in the San Francisco Bay Area. The series offers listeners social and political opinion on a broad spectrum of contemporary issues. While we are no longer the program's sponsor, we remain committed to sponsoring public radio. We are sponsoring a wide variety of programs on KQED-FM in 2012.
In 2007, Lieff Cabraser attorneys assisted in the launching of the Carver HEARTS Project. The project is a partnership among interested community members, George Washington Carver Elementary School in San Francisco, and UCSF’s Department of Infant, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. The project provides a therapist skilled in treating trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) on-site at Carver Elementary School.
In addition to the above-listed organizations, Lieff Cabraser supports the following:
- AIDS Legal Referral Panel
- American Constitution Society
- American Association of Justice
- Asian Law Caucus
- Bay Area Lawyers for Individual Freedom
- Carver HEARTS Project
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- East Bay Community Law Center
- Equal Rights Advocates
- Health Law Advocates
- Human Rights USA
- The Impact Fund
- Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights of the San Francisco Bay Area
- Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- La Raza Centro Legal
- Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence
- Legal Aid Society of San Francisco - Employment Law Center
- National Center for Lesbian Rights
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Pride Law Fund
- Public Interest Clearinghouse
- Public Justice
- United Policyholders
- Volunteer Legal Services Program
- Workplace Fairness
We have been honored to receive the 2005 AIDS Legal Referral Panel "Firm of the Year" award and the 1998 Navigator of Civil Rights Award presented by the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund.