In Re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig "Deepwater Horizon" in the Gulf of Mexico
Lieff Cabraser and co-counsel represent property owners, business owners, wage earners, and other harmed parties in class action litigation against BP, Transocean, Halliburton, and other defendants for the Deepwater Horizon oil rig explosion and resulting oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20, 2010. Elizabeth J. Cabraser serves on the Plaintiffs' Steering Committee (PSC) that is spearheading the litigation in federal court before U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier.
Attorney Annika Martin Discusses BP Oil Spill Settlement Claims
BP Lawsuit, BP Oil Spill Lawsuit, BP Spill Class Action
The Court has approved two class action settlements with BP that will fully compensate hundreds of thousands of victims of the tragedy. The settlements resolve the majority of private economic loss, property damage, and medical injury claims stemming from the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill, and hold BP fully accountable to individuals and businesses harmed by the spill.
Under the settlements, there is no dollar limit on the amount BP will pay. BP must fully satisfy all qualified claims. To date businesses and individuals that suffered economic losses or property damage have received over $3.8 billion through the class action settlement program.
Submit Your Claim For Compensation
People, businesses, and other entities in the states of Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi, and certain counties in Texas and Florida, that were harmed by the oil spill may submit a claim for economic loss or property damage.
If you have economic loss or property damage because of the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, Lieff Cabraser can assist you in submitting a claim and ensuring that you obtain the full value of your losses. Please call us at 866 313-1973 or use the form below to contact a BP Oil Spill claims lawyer at Lieff Cabraser.
Court Orders and Rulings
- Order and Judgment Granting Final Approval of the Economic and Property Damages Settlement Agreement
- Order and Reasons Granting Final Approval of the Economic and Property Damages Settlement Agreement
- Order Regarding Settlement Implementation
- Preliminary Approval Order
- First Amended Order Creating Transition Process
- Order Adjourning Commencement of Trial
- Order and Reasons re BP-S Motion to Dismiss The B1 Master Complaint
- Order and Reasons re BP-s Motion To Dismiss The B2 Master Complaint
- Order and Reasons re BP-s Motion To Dismiss The B3 Master Complaint
- Order and Reasons re BP's Motion to Dismiss The D1 Master Complaint
Operative Master Complaints
- Ferguson v. BP, PLC (Alabama Class Action)
- Sea Eagle Fisheries, Inc., et al. v. BP, PLC, et al. (Alabama Class Action)
- Smiling Fish Café, Inc. v. BP, PLC, et al. (Florida Class Action)
- Le Discount Seafood, Inc., et al. v. BP, PLC, et al. (Florida Class Action)
- Gallo, et al. v. BP, PLC (Louisiana Class Action)
- T&D Fishery, LLC, et al. v. BP, PLC (Louisiana Class Action)
- Cajun Maid, LLC v. BP, PLC (Mississippi Class Action)
- Simcox, et al. v. BP, PLC (Tennessee Class Action)
You can also visit the official settlement website.
Notice on Testimonials
Any testimonial or endorsement does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of your legal matter. Every legal matter is different. The outcome of your case depends upon many factors, including the specific facts of your case.