On August 1, 2020, Lieff Cabraser partner Kelly M. Dermody was elected Chair-Elect of the American Bar Association Section of Labor & Employment Law at the ABA annual meeting. The Section’s more than 20,000 members across the U.S. represent all perspectives of labor and employment law: management, union, plaintiff, neutral and public. At next year’s ABA annual meeting, Kelly will ascend automatically to Chair of the Section. She is the first openly LGBTQ person to serve as Chair-Elect in the Section’s 74-year history, and next year will be the first openly LGBTQ Chair.
The incoming officers are:
- Chair Samantha Grant of Sheppard Mullin (Los Angeles) – she is the first woman of color and first Black woman to lead the section
- Chair-Elect Kelly M. Dermody, Lieff Cabraser (San Francisco)
- Vice-Chair Douglas Dexter of Farella Braun + Martel
- Vice-Chair Stephen Moldof of Cohen, Weiss & Simon (NYC)
- Immediate Past Chair Christopher Hexter of Schuchat, Cook & Werner (St. Louis)
- Secretary Hon. J. Michelle Childs (D. S.C.)
- Secretary-Elect Donna Ryu (N.D. Cal.)
Congratulations to Kelly and all the elected officers of the ABA Section of Labor & Employment Law!
About Kelly M. Dermody
The Chair of Lieff Cabraser’s employment practice group and Managing Partner of Lieff Cabraser’s San Francisco office, Kelly M. Dermody specializes in class and collective actions on behalf of plaintiffs in employment and consumer cases, including gender discrimination cases against Google and Goldman Sachs. Her additional case work includes wage suppression claims against technology, healthcare, and academic institutions; overtime and lost pay lawsuits for low-wage workers, I/T professionals, and foreign nationals working for American corporations; and ERISA claims that she has tried on behalf of employees and retirees for pension plan abuses.
Use the form below to contact a lawyer at Lieff Cabraser.