We are delighted to announce that Lieff Cabraser partner Lin Y. Chan has been selected as one of six new Lawyer Representatives to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Council for the 2024-2026 term. Lawyer Representatives are responsible for fostering open communications between judges and attorneys and providing support and advice in the functioning of the courts. The application process is extremely competitive, and selections are made via a voting system of all of the federal judges.
“The Court congratulates and welcomes the new Lawyer Representatives as they undertake this important service to the federal bench and bar,” the Council’s release notes, “and warmly thanks both the continuing Lawyer Representatives and those who are completing their terms of service.”
These six accomplished attorneys will serve for three years, joining twelve continuing lawyer representatives and replacing six who have completed their three years of service.
Congratulations to Lin on this tremendous accomplishment!
From the Court’s website:
The new Lawyer Representatives and their professional affiliations are:
- Barbara J. (B.J.) Chisholm – Altshuler Berzon LLP
- Sharif Jacob – Keker, Van Nest & Peters
- Rosemary Rivas – Gibbs Law Group LLP
- Cara H. Sandberg – Conrad | Metlitzky | Kane LLP
- Lin Chan – Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein LLP
- Stefanie Shanberg – Perkins Coie LLP
Continuing Lawyer Representatives serving through 2025 are:
- Valerie Bantner Peo – Buchalter APC
- David Rizk – Office of the Federal Public Defender
- Sabita Soneji – Tycko & Zavareei LLP
- Julie Wilensky – San Francisco City Attorney’s Office
- Meredith Dearborn – Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Patrick Hammon
Continuing Lawyer Representatives serving through 2024 are:
- Kimberly Hopkins – U.S. Attorney’s Office
- Jonathan Patchen – Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP
- Claudia Vetesi – Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Lesley Weaver – Bleichmar Fonti & Auld LLP
- Katherine Lubin Benson – Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein LLP
- Kathleen Hartnett – Cooley LLP
The Court also specially acknowledges the continuing service of Co-Chair and Lieff Cabraser partner Katherine Lubin Benson, as well as Co-Chair Kathleen Hartnett.