COVID-19 Business Interruption & Insurance Claim Denials
Seeking Justice for Restaurants
The hospitality industry has been devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic and many insurance companies across the country are denying rightful business interruption claims from restaurants that have faithfully paid their costly premiums for decades.
We think that this threatens to further decimate America’s beloved restaurants, and we are seeking justice on their behalf.
Common Questions About Business Insurance Claim Denials
Am I Covered Under My Current Policy?
This is the core issue at hand — many insurers are denying coverage and arguing that the government-ordered Covid-19 shutdown is outside the restaurant insurance coverage under existing policies. Restaurants conversely argue that the virus-mandated closings are exactly what such insurance policies were contracted to cover. Resolution will depend on the courts’ interpretation of policy language, which can vary from policy to policy and insurance company to insurance company.
My Claims Were Denied — What Do I Do Now?
Our lawyers feel strongly that many claim denials are improper, unsubstantiated, and even predatory, if not collusive (the result of an improper agreement among insurers to deny all Covid-19 coverage). You should contact a lawyer immediately to discuss your rights and options, along with the particulars of your insurance policy. Lieff Cabraser has a nearly 50-year history of successfully advocating for consumers and small businesses against insurance companies and other large corporations. We will review your claim for free with no obligation on your part.
About the Lawyers on this Case
- Lieff Cabraser is an award-winning, 100-plus attorney international plaintiff law firm with offices in San Francisco, New York, Nashville, and Munich. The Law Office of Alexandra Foote represents chefs, restaurants, and artisan and sustainable companies in general business matters, including insurance coverage denial.
- We are driven by a strong and principled sense of social responsibility and are known for our professional integrity.
- We have the legal skills and financial resources necessary for handling large, complex cases, successfully litigating against many of the nation’s largest corporations, including insurance companies.
- Lieff Cabraser has assisted our clients in recovering an astonishing $124 billion in verdicts and settlements.
- The LCHB firm has resolved hundreds of class action lawsuits including the historic litigation against Volkswagen over its “Clean Diesel” emissions fraud; the Attorney General litigation against the tobacco industry; the litigation against European banks and businesses to recover assets taken from Holocaust victims and survivors; and most recently, a $250 million settlement from State Farm for defrauded auto insurance policyholders, which resulted in recognition from Public Justice as the “Trial Lawyers of the Year.”