Wilson Dunlavey is a partner in Lieff Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein’s New York office specializing in class actions on behalf of victims of environmental disasters and consumers who have unknowingly purchase products with devastating consequences to the environment.
Wilson is on the leadership team for the “Clean Diesel” multidistrict litigation against Volkswagen, which has recovered over $11 billion for its clients in a settlement without precedent. In recognition of his efforts, Wilson was awarded “California Lawyer of the Year” by the California Daily Journal in 2018. Wilson continues to prosecute claims under the Lanham Act on behalf of competitor dealerships alleging lost vehicle sales, as a result of the fraud.
Wilson is also part of the leadership team for the Fiat-Chrysler “EcoDiesel” multidistrict litigation. The plaintiffs allege that Fiat-Chrysler cheated its customers and misled the public by installing emissions defeat devices in more than 100,000 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500 EcoDiesel vehicles. The devices allow the supposedly “Eco” vehicles to emit noxious pollutants at over twenty times the legal limit.
Additionally, Wilson is actively litigating two environmental catastrophe class actions. He represents homeowners and local businesses in one of the largest environmental disasters in United States history, the 2015 Porter Ranch gas leak near Los Angeles. He also represents approved classes of fishermen, local oil industry workers, and property owners and lessees, suing Plains All American Pipeline for the catastrophic (and preventable) 2015 Santa Barbara oil spill.
*Not admitted to practice in New York.
Long form bio (click to open pdf).
- California, 2015
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals, District of Columbia, 2021
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of North Carolina, 2016
- “Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers in America,” Lawdragon, 2023
- “Rising Star for Northern California,” Super Lawyers, 2019-2022
- “California Lawyer of the Year,” California Daily Journal, 2018
- “Consumer Attorney of the Year Finalist,” Consumer Attorneys of California, 2017
- “Outstanding Private Practice Antitrust Achievement,” American Antitrust Institute, 2017
- February 24, 2023
27 Lieff Cabraser Attorneys Recognized as Lawdragon “500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers” for 2023
- July 6, 2022
26 Lieff Cabraser Attorneys Selected as 2022 Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars
- March 29, 2022
New York Court Rules in Favor of Employee Whistleblowers Improperly Terminated During Coronavirus Pandemic
- January 1, 2022
Lieff Cabraser Names New Partners for 2022
- July 7, 2021
27 Lieff Cabraser Attorneys Selected as 2021 Northern California Super Lawyers and Rising Stars